Thursday, January 06, 2005

Dickie Bobcat!

I live in the Buffalo, NY area. It snows here. Sometimes it snows a lot.

I live in a townhouse and we have an association that takes care of the common needs; snow removal, lawn care, garbage disposal, etc. The latest issue we are having involves our snow removal.

The snow removal is done by a full-sized front-loader (ie. a tractor) and a little bobcat (dubbed Dickie Bobcat), a small personal-sized tractor. While the association rules call for snow removal to begin at 7 am, Dickie Bobcat and his pal are on the job at 5:30 am. The big front-loader is loud and causes the entire townhouse to shake. It is also quite loud. Further the bobcat is loud as well. The noise and commotion causes the entire population of Forest Edge to wake up. And believe me, it's not a pleasant wake-up call!

Today, I will post signs in all of the common areas (mailboxes) on bright yellow colored paper instructing people on how to complain and who to complain to. I have also contemplated ways to avenge this. I could put "the Club" on the steering wheel of the tractor, I could put big, heavy blocks under the snow...

Lets see what happens from here.