Thursday, January 06, 2005

Dear God...

Dear God,

You usually only hear from me when I say "God damn it" or something similar.

But now this is serious. Here in Buffalo, we're hurting - we need snow! We got about an inch last night. And now it is raining. Check that, let's call it freezing rain.

So here is the issue, it is now the sixth day of January and we have yet to see sizeable amounts of snow. In fact, this winter, we've gotten more rain than snow.

Our mountain biking season here was awful, and I sacrificed my collarbone to you: Seemingly to no avail.

So I am asking for mercy. We don't need the Blizzard of '77 all over again, but a repeat of '82 would be nice. Drop some snow in town, then shift the lake snows south and pummel Ellicottville. That would be nice. And if you could keep a thaw away until mid-March, life would be great.

If you can't do those things, how about a clear signal, Fernie versus Tahoe (Kirkwood, Sugarbowl, Alpine Meadows, Squaw Valley USA, you get the idea). If you wouldn't mind dumping snow on one or the other to make the skiing great and the decision easier, that would be wonderful.

I promise, no more "God damn it(s)" if it dumps!